In recent years the Cypriot Government has established a Citizenship by investment program as well as fast track procedure for the obtaining of permanent residency.
On October 13th, 2020, Cyprus cancelled its Citizenship by Investment Program. The effective date of cancellation of Citizenship by Investment Program agreed by the Council of Ministers was November 1st, 2020.
The fast track procedure for obtaining permanent residency is still operative and worthwhile to consider.
Both programs attracted much interest from individuals who wish to acquire a European passport and gain access to all benefits that come with it such as;
- To become a citizen of the EU Member State (cancelled since it was part of the Citizenship by Investment Program as of the 1st of November 2020)
- The right to live, work and study in any of the EU member states
- Visa-free travel to 158 countries around the world
- Safe & secure living
There are of course other routes of obtaining the Republic of Cyprus Citizenship (other than investment). For instance this could be by origin, by marriage, by years spent in the Republic of Cyprus and or any other applicable reason. Our firm can examine your specific case and facts and advise you accordingly on your eligibility.
- Legal advice on the eligibility and the procedures for citizenship and other immigration related permits,
- Assistance on the preparation, filing of the application and monitoring of the issuing process,
- Applications for immigration permits, permanent residence permit, visas & employment permits for foreign company personnel.
- Amendment to the Cyprus Permanent Residency Permit Regulations Granted to Non-EU Nationals
- Update – Cyprus Cancels its Citizenship by Investment Programme
- Cyprus Introduces a Fast Track Business Activation Mechanism
- Real Estate Transactions in Cyprus During and Post Lockdown
- Immigration Permits in Cyprus for non-EU citizens – Obtaining Permanent Residency